As stay at home orders are lifted in many states, many businesses are planning for their full-scale re-openings. To many facilities managers, this means sites that have been either completely closed or only open for limited use will begin being fully utilized again, with brand new requirements.
DWM has put together the below toolkit to help make this transition easier for you and your team. Check it out below!
Top 4 Reopening Checklist
1. Re-key Locks & Update Security System Codes
The same staff may not be returning to work after COVID, be sure to protect your locations.
2. Verify HVAC PMs Were Completed
With restrictions being put in place at the same time many HVAC PMs were scheduled, there's a chance crucial pre-summer PMs were missed.
DWM is proud to be a 2016, 2017, & 2018 Times Union Top Workplace
3. Check Light Bulbs and Ballast
Areas of many locations have been largely unoccupied for months, ensure all lights are in working order to give your stores a clean, bright look for customers re-entering for the first time.
4. Verify Reactive or Missed PMs for Pest Control
With restrictions being put in place at the same time many Pest Control PMs were scheduled, there's a chance crucial pre-summer PMs were missed.
One of the Nation's Best and Brightest Companies two years running!
Tips for Encouraging a Healthy Reopening
While DWM can not guarantee stopping the spread of COVID-19 by implementing these measures, based on CDC guidelines available at this time, we believe following the tips listed below would encourage a healthy reopening.
• Install hand washing/sanitizing stations
• Add signage/decals to encourage social distancing and/or foot traffic flow
• Install touchless fixtures
• Restroom remodels/retrofits for single occupancy/ADA updates
• Install door openers than can be operated by foot
• Institute occupancy limitations
• Install/improve Buy Online, Pick Up in Store (Curbside) offerings/areas
• Require employees to wear masks/gloves
• Install plexiglass shields at check out/customer-facing area
• Install self-cleaning floor mats
• Upgrade cleaning products to meet EPA requirements
Myriad resources have been released to the public to assist in reopening, check out a few of our favorites below:
If there's anything we can do to help you and your team in this trying time, please feel free to reach out. We're all in this together. Please reach out to Bennett Van Wert, Director, Sales& Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding services DWM can provide for your organization.
Allison Bishop is Director, Marketing at DWM Comprehensive Facility Solutions. She is a 7 year industry veteran committed to bringing best in class solutions to national portfolio clients. Bishop earned he MBA from The Sage Colleges School of Management and is a 2019 winner of the Albany Business Review’s 40 Under 40 award that recognizes up-and-coming executives, innovators and thought leaders.