ES Outlook Weekly Brief
Be first to read the latest tech news, Industry Leader's Insights, and CIO interviews of medium and large enterprises exclusively from ES Outlook
Brand visibility has become an essential criterion for all businesses to flourish in this highly competitive world. In such a scenario, small companies, startups, solo entrepreneurs need the significant brand presence, and here digital marketing helps them achieve it. Digital marketing has become a necessary expense because, in this technologically advanced era, the rising competition wouldn’t let an organization survive without it in the market. Hence there are plenty of reasons to apply digital marketing in your business, and here we will discuss ten from it which are as follows:
1. Monitoring: Digital marketing of a product is way more convenient for an entrepreneur as compared to physical marketing. Organizations can keep a watch on the online activities regardless who is working on it. This process is beneficial as through it a business can measure benefits in numbers and can compare whether a particular digital activity is useful or is it just an additional expense.
2. Access of public: People are accessible more through social media or another online medium. Gone are the days when customers preferred reaching out for a particular product in person, nowadays, customers would know almost everything about a company if it is available online thereby attracting your target audience in a manner they can’t refuse.
3. Economic: As compared to physical marketing, digital marketing dramatically reduces the expense incurred in marketing strategies and also simplifies the work procedure. An organization has to be proactive online to develop business in an orderly manner which would further help in forming a budget for marketing activities and ultimately affect the income structure in a positive way.
4. Mobile Phones: From luxury to necessity, mobile phones are used for research, social networking, browsing which means clients are always online with their phones and here digital marketing helps you in reaching to the clients instantly through emails, SMS, social media sites, blogs, etc.
5. Feedback: Posting the business online can be fruitful as you can get advises and suggestions from people regarding the changes that should be made to improve the company or what activities should be included to develop and maintain the reputation of your firm.
6. Visual experience: Uploading promotional photos and video clips on websites or blogs can help in boosting the viewership and sales. This approach is becoming common, and businesses are now advertising their products visually.
7. Content Writing: Good, creative writing and positive point of view can lure many people, and this is how people become brand conscious as they develop trust on your organization and they tend to prioritize your product and your company always.
8. Traditional Marketing: Although digital marketing has taken over but assuming that conventional market doesn’t exist is not true. If the company is famous online, it will help in marketing the product physically as well. People will be interested in your banner ads, newspaper ads, etc.
9. Connecting with the Customers: Through digital marketing, we can connect with our customers on a more personal level through live chat or emails because people prefer talking about the respective product before purchasing it. This leads to a healthy and trustworthy relationship amid the company and customer.
10. Competitors: Competition is always healthy as it motivates to adopt modern techniques to market the product. Analyzing successful business and then planning strategies can make a huge difference. Almost every entrepreneur, small-sized business is extracting benefits out of digital marketing, and if an organization does not keep up with this need, they may be thrown out of the competition.
By Kim Tracy, CIO, Northeastern Illinois University
By William Miller, SVP & CIO, Broadcom, Inc.
By Dr. Cheryl Flink, Chief Strategy Officer, Market Force
By Paul Kent, VP-Big Data, SAS
By Tom Conophy, CIO, Staples Inc.
By Mark Lilien, SVP & CIO, Things Remembered
However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the link below: