ES Outlook Weekly Brief
Be first to read the latest tech news, Industry Leader's Insights, and CIO interviews of medium and large enterprises exclusively from ES Outlook
How gaming companies can be friendlier and engage with their customers to encourage retention explained in 6 ways.
FREMONT, CA: Entertainment not only makes users joyous and light-headed but also relieves stress. While games have since forever been a great source of entertainment, the mediums in which they are perpetuated and consumed have resulted in a snowball effect over the years. 64 percent of the general population in the U.S. alone consists of gamers, and the market is expected to reach a total worth of $90 billion by 2020.
Some fundamentals discussing as to why customer services need to be improved in the gaming industry is mentioned. Although it may be extracted from the principles of the software industry, it holds good for the gaming vertical as well.
Though the growth of the gaming industry has been exponential in the recent past, it is also turning competitive. In order to choose between the companies, different parameters like are graphics, soundtracks, cost, and the ability to provide personalized services are considered.
The most efficient way to make the players loyal is to keep them engaged, which is achieved through a mixture of exceptional customer service and analytics-driven points about players.
Several gaming companies now understand the value of good customer service and player analytics. The difference in the service provided depicts the competitive advantage of the company. It also encourages a substantial growth in the market of the company, ensures retention of players, and includes the return of investment. Besides, player analytics can be utilized in tandem to recognize the important factors that can add more value to the journeys of the players and budge them into conducting micro-purchases.
The Six Key Reasons for Customer Service Implementation include:
1. Gamers As Support Agents: By hiring locally sourced experienced players as support agents to boost engagement among the users.
2. Multi-Lingual Support: With the provision of assistance in multiple languages that is active all round the clock to encourage users to relate to the companies.
3. Support Beyond Traditional Channels: Omnichannel support to improve involvement and in-game service options to solve the glitches or problems immediately to enhance the gaming experience.
4. Interactive Player Support: The implementation of automated interactive solutions like virtual assistants to simplify interactions.
5. Player Analytics: Relevant analytics to be showcased and utilized to identify compelling insights about players, for the players and viewers.
6. Efficient Feedback Mechanism: Efficient feedback platform with immediate company responses to tap player into reviews and encourage peer interaction.
By Kim Tracy, CIO, Northeastern Illinois University
By William Miller, SVP & CIO, Broadcom, Inc.
By Dr. Cheryl Flink, Chief Strategy Officer, Market Force
By Paul Kent, VP-Big Data, SAS
By Tom Conophy, CIO, Staples Inc.
By Mark Lilien, SVP & CIO, Things Remembered
However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the link below: